Disclaimer: A photographer(s) may be on-site at this event, and may take posed or candid shots of presenters, delegates and the audience. These images may be used in the PEO Peterborough Chapter and PEO websites, social media, promotional material, local and/or national media outlets and otherwise. By registering for the event you are consenting to the use of images (still or otherwise) which become the property of the PEO Peterborough Chapter (the event host).
Supervisor Course: I’m in Charge here! … now what…?
A one-day workshop introducing essential skills for managers and supervisors
PRESENTED BY: GCA Productive Consulting and Training Ltd.
FEE: $30 per person; includes: instruction, material (which you will be provided ahead of time), snack and lunch.
Please note that registration is maxed at 70 attendees and it closes on April 19th so to allow the Chapter to properly organize the final details.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 starts at 9am, goes until 4:30pm
WEHRE: Stone House Hall, located in the Peterborough Curling club, 2195 Lansdowne Street West, Cavan Monaghan, ON, K9J 0G5
Managers and Supervisors are Leaders, and leadership is the key to obtaining improved productivity from people. This experiential, one-day workshop provides a firm foundation in communication and conflict management skills. We build on this with a focus on key aspects of management and supervision including motivation, coaching and teambuilding. Finally, we look at performance management and leading change, where all the skills and knowledge developed earlier in the workshop come into play.
- To understand relevant modern leadership processes, principles and problems.
- To enable supervisors and managers to use this knowledge to improve how they carry out their critical role in the organization.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Communicate and relate more effectively with others.
- Handle conflicts constructively to improve working relationships.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching in order to develop people for improved performance.
- Understand what motivates people to improve performance.
- Know what it takes to build effective teams to leverage individual productivity.
- Work with staff to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Delegate effectively to develop staff.
- Leadership and Management – Are These the Same?
- Some Organizational Realities – Psychological Sabotage/Bare Minimum Performance
- Listening and Asking Questions: Fundamental Tools for Leaders
- Conflict Management
- Motivating People to Improved Performance
- The Stages of Team Development
- Performance Management – Making Your Expectations Clear
- Conflict Management
- Note: Participants will share experiences and ideas and learn from each other as well as from the instructor.
WHEN: Monday – Wednesday, May 6, 7 and 8, 2019, 9am – 5pm.
REGISTRATION: please refer to the attached flyer for more information.
2019-MAY-Flyer-PM Certification Course.pdf
CONTACT INFORMATION: Peter Northrop, firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-876-7536
STEP Water and Energy training / education opportunities
What: Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP)
How: Refer to the attached list of upcoming opportunities on their website
For more information, please contact:
Mike Bortolussi, Marketing Coordinator, Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP)
Toronto and Region Conservation
416-661-6600 ext. 5741